COVID Protocol Update
The health and safety of our guests and staff are of the utmost importance. As we are open to international travel through the Philip Goldson International Airport, we continue to uphold the necessary standards and practices to ensure the health and safety of our visitors, and we thank everyone for their cooperation during this time. We wish everyone who is joining us to dive in the beautiful Caribbean ocean a safe departure, trip, and return home.
Belize COVID-19 Entry Requirements:
Some of the specific requirements that must be undertaken prior to travel to Belize include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Invest in required COVID travel insurance through https://www.belizetravelinsurance.com/
- As of March 2022, fully vaccinated travellers do not require a negative test to be admitted into the country, instead, they must show proof of vaccination upon entry into Belize’s airports, land borders, and sea ports.
- Children under the age of 5 will not be tested for SARSCOV2 upon entry to Belize, its airports, or its land or sea ports.
- If unable to provide proof of vaccination, or if the traveller is unvaccinated, the traveller must produce proof of a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of arrival or a negative Antigen Rapid test taken within 48 hours of arrival.
- A test may and can be carried out by the ministry responsible for health at the airports, land ports, or seaports.
- COVID-19 test will be administered at the airport for a fee of $50 USD per passenger
COVID-19 Belize Resort Precautions:
We are a Tourism Gold Standard Certified property, which means we are licensed by the Belize Tourism Board to operate as an all-inclusive resort certified by the government of Belize to host international guests in a post-COVID environment.
In line with the new Gold Standard guidelines and for the safety of our guests and staff, we have implemented a series of COVID-19 resort precautionary measures to ensure health and well-being while maintaining a warm and welcoming environment as follows:
- While masks in public spaces are no longer required, it’s up to the individual guests’ discretion and comfort level when choosing whether or not to wear a mask
- Vaccination and periodic health testing necessary for our staff
- Low contact check-in & out procedures
- Hand sanitizing stations across the property
- All meals will be served buffet-style by our kitchen staff to reduce potential contact contamination
- Enhanced room cleaning & disinfecting and increased sanitization of public spaces and high-touch surfaces
Enhanced Cleaning Protocols: All of our frontline employees in housekeeping and food & beverage service are taking rigorous COVID-19 training courses for detailed hygiene procedures and service schedules to ensure that we are taking all the necessary preventative measures. We also have a Tourism Gold Standard Manager on the property that will be here to assist with any questions, concerns, or health issues that may arise during your stay with us.
Belize Dive Haven Resort & Marina takes appropriate measures to clean, sanitize, and disinfect guest rooms, linens and shared public spaces frequently. Additionally, all rooms are left vacant for 72 hours following check out.
Employee Self Care: In addition to ensuring the health and well-being of our guests, we are also focused on the care of our employees. Belize Dive Haven Resort & Marina has reinforced employee sick day policies, requiring time off during all illnesses.
Guest Awareness: If you are sick with COVID-19, displaying symptoms, have elevated body temperature, have recently travelled to a banned country, or suspect you are infected with the virus that causes COVID-19, we ask you to follow the Ministry of Health guidelines and not travel to our resort for your own safety as well as the prevention of spreading the disease. See this page for more details on International Airport entry requirements.
WELCOME TO PARADISE!
With the release of these protocols, we can safely prepare for guest arrivals and are very excited to welcome travellers back to Belize! We look forward to hosting you here in our safe, peaceful, clean, and beautiful environment at our private island paradise here at Belize Dive Haven.
In order to minimize personal contact and the use of paper, kindly be advised that prior to your arrival, our reservations office will the contacting you to confirm your registration with the Belize Health App and to request your emergency contact information and a copy of your passport to expedite our paperless check-in and checkout process.
We very much look forward to having you all here with us! We cannot wait to welcome you to our little corner of paradise, and although we might not be able to greet you with our usual Belizean flare of hugs and kisses, we will welcome you with the warmth, hospitality and friendly smiles that make us a number one travel destination around the world! Any questions or concerns, please contact [email protected]. See you soon! The following links have other helpful information for travelling to Belize and the safety procedures the country is putting into place.