In these unprecedented times surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, the health and safety of our guests and staff are of the utmost importance. The Government of Belize recently announced that the Philip Goldson International Airport will reopen on October 2nd, 2020 and we look forward to welcoming international visitors to our beautiful jewel in the Caribbean again!
The international airport reopening comes ahead of the reopening of our land borders as well as cruise tourism. Thankfully, Belize has been able to monitor and control the spread of the virus through careful tracking as well as strict safety measures including restricting domestic travel, enforcing the wearing of masks, and social distancing. Belize is considered a safe travel destination and one of the few countries now reopening to welcome guests from the United States.
Belize is a top travel destination in Central America and the Caribbean attracting divers, adventurers, fishermen, honeymooners, and families for a vacation of a lifetime. At Belize Dive Haven Resort & Marina we are perfectly poised and committed to protecting health and safety while providing a one-of-a-kind vacation experience.
We are a Tourism Gold Standard Certified property, which means we are licensed by the Belize Tourism Board to operate as an all-inclusive resort certified by the government of Belize to host international guests in a post-COVID environment.
The Government has issued a number of new hotel policies and procedures to ensure the safety of our guests and staff. In line with the new Gold Standard guidelines, we have implemented new protocols including monitoring guest and staff health, requiring of wearing masks in common areas, stringent cleaning measures, social distancing protocols, and additional handwashing and sanitation stations around the property in the common areas.
COVID-19 Entry Requirements: Some of the specific requirements that must be undertaken prior to travel to Belize include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Download the Belize Health App at least 72 hours prior to arrival. The Belize Health App is not yet available for download but will be prior to Belize’s reopening on October 20th, 2020. Check back here before arrival.
- Either present a negative PCR test result taken within the last 72 hours prior to arrival or pay for a rapid test within the airport at your expense. Rapid test results will be available within 15 – 30 minutes after testing.
- Wear a mask while in public spaces and at the resort’s shared public spaces as well as maintaining social distancing.
- In the case of a positive test result while at the Belize International Airport and/or a display of symptoms while at the resort, you will be required to quarantine at the traveller’s expense.
- If you are placed into quarantine, our cancellation and rescheduling policies still apply. If you are required to be quarantined while at the resort for an extended period of time, the resort will provide a discounted rate for accommodations and meals, pending availability. We highly recommend purchasing travel insurance prior to your stay.
- We do not recommend travelling to Belize if you have displayed symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days prior to your arrival date. This will prevent you from having to quarantine in Belize for an extended period of time.
- More information regarding entry requirements can be found on the Belize Tourism Board website.
COVID-19 Resort Precautions: For the safety of our guests and staff, we have implemented a series of COVID-19 resort precautionary measures to ensure health and well-being while maintaining a warm and welcoming environment as follows:
- Social distancing and the use of face masks while in public spaces
- Low contact check-in & out procedures
- Hand sanitizing stations across the property
- Enhanced room cleaning & disinfecting and increased sanitization of public spaces and high touch surfaces
- Daily health checks for guests and employees
- Tour schedules and availability may be altered. The Front Desk will confirm your tours upon checking in and we will do our best to offer alternative options. Our dive shop will be following strict hygiene protocols for dive rental equipment. We highly recommend at this time that guests bring their own diving equipment.
Enhanced Cleaning Protocols: All of our frontline employees in housekeeping and food & beverage service are taking rigorous COVID-19 training courses for detailed hygiene procedures and service schedules to ensure that we are taking all the necessary preventative measures. We also have a Tourism Gold Standard Manager on the property that will be here to assist with any questions, concerns, or health issues that may arise during your stay with us.
Belize Dive Haven Resort & Marina takes appropriate measures to clean, sanitize, and disinfect guest rooms, linens and shared public spaces frequently. Additionally, all rooms are left vacant for 72 hours following check out.
Employee Self Care: In addition to ensuring the health and well-being of our guests, we are also focused on the care of our employees. Belize Dive Haven Resort & Marina has reinforced employee sick day policies, requiring time off during all illnesses.
Guest Awareness: If you are sick with COVID-19, displaying symptoms, have elevated body temperature, have recently travelled to a banned country, or suspect you are infected with the virus that causes COVID-19, we ask you to follow the Ministry of Health guidelines and not travel to our resort for your own safety as well as the prevention of spreading the disease. See this page for more details on International Airport entry requirements.
WELCOME TO PARADISE!
With the release of these protocols, we can safely prepare for guest arrivals and are very excited to welcome travellers back to Belize! We look forward to hosting you here in our safe, peaceful, clean, and beautiful environment at our private island paradise here at Belize Dive Haven.
In order to minimize personal contact and the use of paper, kindly be advised that prior to your arrival our reservations office will the contacting you to confirm your registration with the Belize Health App and to request your emergency contact information and a copy of your passport to expedite our paperless check-in and checkout process.
We very much look forward to having you all here with us! We cannot wait to welcome you to our little corner of paradise and although we might not be able to greet you with our usual Belizean flare of hugs and kisses, we will welcome you with the warmth, hospitality and friendly smiles that makes us a number one travel destination around the world! Any questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. See you soon! The following links have other helpful information for travelling to Belize and the safety procedures the country is putting into place.